Debut Indian Writers Month – Readathon 3
That time of the year when the Swadeshi movement of Indian writing (as we call it on The Pensieve) is back.
The 6 monthly celebration of first time Indian writing is right bang here!
We loved opening up the challenge to all book bloggers who love reading Indian fiction or non- fiction in May this year and now this exclusive Indian Readathon opens up to non-bloggers too in its 3rd season.
So, Bibliophiles (both book bloggers and non-bloggrs) for the whole month of November 2013, we invite reviews of the first book of a writer of Indian origin. It is fun and you can win too. Nothing like a reading challenge that is a competition too, right?
There will be some method to this exciting madness we will be having the whole month, here you go:
1. Start participating by signing up in the signup linky at the end of this page.
2. Bloggers – When you put up the review on your blog, add the URL (link) of the review here in the Reviews linky at the end of this page.
Non-Bloggers – Use the form (at the end of this page) to submit your reviews.
3. All through the month we will also promote all the participating reviews and other posts though our social media pages.
4. At the end of the month all the reviews will be added to the Indian Books & Reviews Database.
1. Anyone who reviews books is welcome to join the challenge – Bloggers as well as Non-Bloggers
2. The idea is to read as many debut books of Indian writers as you can, so there is no cap on how many reviews you can submit; the minimum is one (1) after that the more the merrier.
3. Over lapping of reviews is allowed i.e if a participant book blogger has already submitted the review of a particular book during November 2013 then other participants can still read & review the same book.
4. All the books reviews submitted should have been read & reviewed in November 2013 only.
Participating Reviewers (Bloggers and Non-Bloggers):
*The Best Review Prize!
To the best written review of this challenge.
For you exclusively Read, Review and Rock. We have on-board 3 avid book lovers and pro reviewers who constitute our judging panel for the big prize . Out of all the reviews submitted on this page for this challenge (by bloggers as well as non-bloggers), we will pick 10 best reviews and the 3 judges will pick the best review off the 10. Our ever gracious sponsors will make it all the more special for the winner reviewer by the prize – A Books Hamper including a Man Booker Prize 2013 shortlisted title.
in-Public Demand Prize!
To the most promoted review.
Of all the participating reviews, the review with the highest Facebook Likes, Tweets, shares etc. on the review page will win the fabulously written – secret of the coolest business men in India – Dhandha: How Gujaratis Do Business by Shobha Bondre
The New Talent Envoy Prize!
To the reviewer/ reader with highest number of book reviews of books from a single publisher.
So, whichever blogger/ reader points the world towards the publisher who has been giving the new Indian talents that much needed break wins this one. The winner gets the book that is an exploration of the nature and meaning of love. The story of an Oxford graduate who is a professional male escort – The professional by Ashok Ferrey.
SuperSonic Reader of the Month!
To the most enthusiastic participating book blogger/ reader.
Simply put the reviewer with the highest number of book reviews against their name in the table below bags this one – a special prize for your reading table from The Pensieve. The Man Booker Prize 2013 Shortlisted – We Need New Names by NoViolet Bulawayo.
Go on, push the pedal. R.E.A.D.
Need we say more. Read more, Review more and Rock all the more!
The deal is simpler for you guys. The debut books reviewed between 1st and 30th November, 2013 will be accompanied with a question. Answer the question and if we love your answer, you win this beauty. Be the Reader Winner this November 2013.
Writers of the contesting books:
Our reviews will not be part of the Best Review contest but following the norm every month here for Debut Indian Writers Challenge, this special month the writer whose book will be our favorite of the lot will be the Superstar WordMaverick of the Month.
So it is an early New Year’s party for readers, writers and reviewers on The Tales Pensieve this November.
With this we declare this challenge open from November 1, 2013 and
a special thanks to the exclusive sponsors of this celebration of Indian writing